.tr is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Turkey. It is administered by Middle East Technical University Center.
.nc.tr is used as a second-level domain for the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, as it has no country code assigned.
Other 2nd level domains:
* .com.tr - For commercial use and general purpose(see the restrictions).
* .gen.tr - For general use
* .org.tr - For organizations(see the restrictions).
* .biz.tr - For general use
* .info.tr - For informationary websites.
* .av.tr - For freelance lawyers, law offices and lawyer partnerships.
* .dr.tr - For doctors of medical science, doctor partnerships, hospitals, and the first level health organizations of The Ministry of Health of Turkey.
* .pol.tr - For the Turkish Police organization.
* .bel.tr - For Turkish city and town municipality organizations.
* .tsk.tr - For Turkish Army (Ex. mil.tr)
* .k12.tr - For Turkish pre-school education programs, primary, secondary schools and their equivalents which are approved by the Ministry of National Education.
* .edu.tr - for universities
* .net.tr - for network,telecommunication and infrastructure companies and portals
* .gov.tr - for official governments
* .web.tr - for general use
* .tel.tr - Can be allotted to individuals and organizations residing in Turkey, related to all kinds of the telephone numbers in use in Turkey.
* .tv.tr - For the individuals and organizations that show activity in television broadcasting business and the rightful owners of the international programmes.
* .nc.tr - domains under the third-level domain .gov.nc.tr are used by the government of Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus; due to its lack of international recognition, Northern Cyprus does not have its own country code top-level domain
Initially, nic.tr, the official registry's domain, was the only 2nd level domain under this TLD and other 2nd level domains were prohibited. However, recently tsk.tr is registered as a second level domain. The local registry seems to have amended its policy to allow for 2nd level domains, and browsers should update their handling algorithms for this TLD accordingly.