NBC Universal
AskBiography Logo   Latest News  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Google Buzz  Became Fan - Facebook  Subscribe to RSSRSS   Bookmark and Share

NBC Universal

Company nameNBC Universal, Inc.
Company typeIncorporated Joint-stock company
FoundedMerger between NBC and Vivendi (May 11, 2004)
HeadquartersNew York City, New York
Key peopleJeff Zucker (President/CEO),
Bob Wright (Chairman, NBC, Vice Chairman GE)
Revenue(GE) US$16.969 billion (2008)
(Vivendi) -2.278 billion (2008)
ParentGeneral Electric (80%), Vivendi (20%)
DivisionsNBC, Universal Studios, NBC Universal Television Group, NBC News, USA Network, Syfy, CNBC, MSNBC cable TV, NBC.com, MSNBC.com, iVillage, Bravo, qubo, Telemundo Television Studios, The Weather Channel, Hulu, A&E Television Networks

     Home | Company | NBC Universal

NBC Universal, Inc. is a media and entertainment company engaged in the production and marketing of entertainment, news, and information products and services to a global customer base. The company owns and operates two American television networks, numerous cable channels, and a group of local stations in the United States, as well as motion picture companies, several television production companies, and branded theme parks.
NBC Universal was formed in May 2004 by the merger of General Electric's NBC with Vivendi's Vivendi Universal Entertainment (VUE). General Electric (GE) owns 80% of NBC Universal with the remaining 20% owned by Vivendi. The logo of NBC Universal is a combination of the NBC peacock logo and the Universal Studios globe and text. On December 3, 2009, GE and US cable TV operator Comcast announced a buyout agreement for NBC Universal. If the transaction completes, and pending regulatory approval, Comcast would own 51% of NBC Universal while GE would own 49%. As a part of the deal, GE intends to buy out Vivendi's 20% minority stake in the company.
It is headquartered in the Rockefeller Plaza in Midtown Manhattan, New York City.

Latest News : NBC Universal : Tweet this RSS

EU to decide on Comcast, NBCU deal by July 15 - Reuters Tweet this news
Reuters--O) proposed takeover of -NBC Universal-, the European Commission said on Friday. The Commission, competition watchdog of the 27-country European Union, ... - Date : Fri, 11 Jun 2010 10:35:34 GMT+00:00
UPI Russia, Leopolis in distribution deal - Hollywood Reporter Tweet this news
Hollywood Reporter--LONDON -- -NBC Universal--owned UPI Russia has secured a long-term deal with Russian producer/distributor Leopolis to distribute its films ... - Date : Fri, 11 Jun 2010 14:34:04 GMT+00:00
Telltale Games Doing Games in the Back to the Future and Jurassic Park Series - Softpedia Tweet this news
Softpedia--Telltale Games will release episodic titles from two of -NBC Universal's- most famous franchises, Jurassic Park and Back to the ... - Date : Fri, 11 Jun 2010 21:29:20 GMT+00:00
Telltale working on 'Jurassic Park' games - Digital Spy Tweet this news
Digital Spy--The studio has struck a deal with -NBC Universal- to create a "full season" of titles using the licence, according to ... - Date : Wed, 09 Jun 2010 10:52:17 GMT+00:00
The Futon Critic--Sanders, who will report to Bromstad, previously served as Senior Vice President, Drama Programming, since his return to -NBC Universal- in June 2009. ... - Date : Tue, 08 Jun 2010 22:10:24 GMT+00:00
Rumor mill: Subscription Hulu is coming to iPad - FierceOnlineVideo Tweet this news
FierceOnlineVideo--The Hulu-subscription rumors have been around almost as long as the platform itself; the progeny of News Corp., Disney and -NBC Universal- has been earning ... - Date : Wed, 09 Jun 2010 13:13:22 GMT+00:00
DONE Ventures Sues NBC Universal Over Failed Domain Name Sale - socalTech.com Tweet this news
socalTech.com--Ventures, the Internet marketing firm headed by BetterPPC's Ben Padnos, has sued -NBC Universal- over a failed agreement to buy domains Women.com and ... - Date : Mon, 07 Jun 2010 18:08:35 GMT+00:00
Post Tech: FCC Chair won't testify at Comcast-NBC merger hearing - Washington Post Tweet this news
Washington Post---...- the Federal Communications Commission, won't testify Monday at the House Judiciary Committee's hearing on Comcast's merger with -NBC Universal- afterall. ... - Date : Mon, 07 Jun 2010 12:14:17 GMT+00:00
NBC Universal Sued for Breach of Contract in Women.com and Women.net Domain ... - PR Web (press release) Tweet this news
PR Web (press release)--Ventures, LLC has filed a lawsuit against -NBC Universal-, Inc. The complaint (Case No. BC439011; Judge Susan Bryan Deason), filed in Los Angeles Superior ... - Date : Mon, 07 Jun 2010 08:11:29 GMT+00:00
Reports of the Death of TV Networks Are Exaggerated - 24/7 Wall St. (blog) Tweet this news
24/7 Wall St. (blog)--(NYSE: GE) is ready to oust -NBC Universal- CEO Jeff Zucker. What gets lost in the all the media hoopla about the future of broadcast television is that its ... - Date : Mon, 07 Jun 2010 08:55:22 GMT+00:00

Privacy | Sitemap