MTN Irancell operates on GSM 900/1800 and is the first network operator of Iran which provides GPRS and MMS service and will let subscribers choose their desired number (as on July 2010) from between +989350000000 to +989399999999.
Irancell is a private joint stock company governed by the Commercial Code of the Islamic Republic of Iran as amended in the year 1347 of the Iranian calendar, which is 1969 in the Gregorian calendar, and the provisions of its Articles of Association. The Company’s registration date is 14 August 2005 [1385/05/23] and the registration number 252949. The Company has been established for an indefinite period of time.
MTN Irancell has two shareholders: the Iran Electronic Development Company (IEDC) and MTN International (Mauritius) Limited. The corporate structure of the company is as follows:
IEDC currently has two key shareholders
* Iran Electronics Industries (IEI), known as SAIRAN (Militarian Company)
* Mostazafan Foundation, a Bonyad
The company provides the following services:
* Provision of wholesale and retail telecommunication services;
* Sales of network traffic capacity to local or international carriers or entities;
* Rental of network infrastructure facilities to local or international carriers or entities;
* Provision of the Internet and data and digital platform related products and services;
* Provision of all other sources of value added services that is currently available and to be developed in the future;
* Dealing with e-commerce, mobile-commerce activities of the above telecommunication networks;
* Provision of customer services, including but not limited to customer relationship management and Call Centre services
A shareholders Agreement was signed between IEDC and MTN in November 2005 and the second mobile operator license was awarded to Irancell on 27 November 2005 [1384/09/06] by *MCIT/CRA.
Huawei (China), Ericsson (Sweden) and Nokia (Finland), are providing the infrastructure for IranCell, in partnership with local companies in six defined regions.