AskBiography Logo   Latest News  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Google Buzz  Became Fan - Facebook  Subscribe to RSSRSS   Bookmark and Share

Kingdom Holding Company

Kingdom Holding Company
Company nameKingdom Holding Company
شركة المملكة القابضة
Company typeHolding Company
IndustryDiversified Investments
Key peopleHRH Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Chairman & CEO
Shadi Sanbar, CFO

     Home | Company | Kingdom Holding Company

Kingdom Holding Company ( ) is a public holding company headquartered in Kingdom Centre in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, and is the largest company in Saudi Arabia. It is controlled by Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Bin Abdulaziz, and is headquartered in the city of Riyadh. The company is publicly listed in the Saudi Stock Exchange, but only 6% of the shares are public, the remaining 94% being owned by Prince Alwaleed.

The company describes itself as a diversified investment company, whose interests include banking, real estate, telecommunications, broadcasting and media, entertainment, hospitality, computers and electronics, agriculture, restaurants, upscale fashion, retailing, supermarkets, tourism, travel and automotive manufacturing.

Its international investments include (or have included)


*AOL/Time Warner

*Apple Inc.

*Canary Wharf


*Coca Cola


*Disneyland Paris


*Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts

*Fairmont Hotels & Resorts


*Hotel George V, Paris




*Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts

*News Corporation


* Inc

*Procter & Gamble

*The Walt Disney Company

*LBCI Lebanese Broadcasting Corporation International

*SAMBA, Saudi American Bank

*Rotana Group (Arabic: روتانا‎), the Arab World's largest entertainment company

*Kingdom Hotels International, public company listed on the Dubai International Financial Exchange

The company is known for hiring in 2004 Captain Hanadi Zakariya Hindi, the first Saudi female commercial pilot, who trained at the Mideast Aviation Academy in Jordan.

It is also the owner of the Kingdom Centre.

In July 2005, Kingdom announced a joint venture with HSBC to invest in growth companies in Sub-Saharan Africa.

In 2007 the company committed to purchasing an Airbus A380 "Flying Palace" for an undisclosed amount.

In August 2011, the company announced plans for the construction of Kingdom Tower, which will become the tallest building in the world.

Warning: simplexml_load_file( [function.simplexml-load-file]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 410 Gone in /home/askbio/public_html/index_bio.php on line 257

Warning: simplexml_load_file() [function.simplexml-load-file]: I/O warning : failed to load external entity "" in /home/askbio/public_html/index_bio.php on line 257

Fatal error: Call to a member function children() on a non-object in /home/askbio/public_html/index_bio.php on line 260